I will admit it. I am addicted to Hallmark 365 days a year, not just at Christmas time. I can’t get enough of the same storyline – girl meets guy, they get together, they fall apart, they realize they can’t live without each other. Add a little Christmas magic, and I am a sappy mess and I think we all need a little sappiness in our life sometime.
So, I am counting down my favorite Christmas movies just in time for you to see them on repeat before the big day and for years to come.
6) Mrs. Miracle – I discovered this one just a few years ago but it originally aired in 2009. For all of you Dawson’s Creek fans, it stars James van der Beek as a widowed father of 2 high energy, rambunctious boys that no one wants to be around. Enter Mrs. Miracle (Doris Roberts) who manages to turn it all around.
5) Christmas Under Wraps – Starring Candance Cameron Bure of Full House, Fuller Housefame, as a doctor who has to make a move to Alaska, something she doesn’t really want to do. That is until she does and finds everything she never knew she wanted or needed. Plus, the charming quaint town has more in store than she could have imagined.
4) Christmas Getaway – Since airing in 2017, I have seen this movie at least 5 times. A travel writer finds herself double booked in a cabin with a handsome widower, his daughter and his mother. Cue the Christmas cheer, as she spends her days and nights making Christmas memories with her instant family.
3) A Gingerbread Romance– While this is a new one for 2018, it is one to watch for years to come. I was happy to see one of my other favorite child tv stars take the helm of this movie. Tia Mowry-Hardict, 1 half of Sister Sister, has it all or so it seems as she jet sets for work and has no real roots. That translates into no Christmas spirit, no love life, no plans for the holidays until her boss enters her into a contest where she has to build a giant gingerbread house and she meets the chef man of her dreams.
2) Help for the Holidays – Premiered in 2012 but remains one of my favorite Christmas tales. As a busy mom and dad spend more time running their business at the holidays than spending time with their two kids, a real-life elf ponders whether there is more out there than working in Santa’s shop. She comes to help the family rediscover the true meaning of Christmas and discovers what it means to her as well.
And my favorite Hallmark Channel Christmas movie is..
A Crown for Christmas– Originally aired in 2015 and I watch it each year as if I have never seen it. Starring Winne Cooper (I mean Danica McKeller for those who don’t remember The Wonder Years), as a recently fired maid who takes a job as a governess for a fancy European family. The guy is a widowed prince with a young daughter. Winne moves in and overcomes many obstacles to clumsily steal the hearts of the staff, the girl and her father.
These are my top 6 Hallmark Channel Christmas movies. Hallmark has plenty more where these came from and you are sure to find your favorites.
Comment below, let me know your favorite Hallmark Christmas movie? Or do you prefer another channels Christmas lineup? Lifetime, ION, and some others are offering up some great contenders as well.
Until Next Time